Sunday, October 26, 2008

Fair Fun!

So we arrived at the North Carolina State fair at 8:30 am, bright, early and cold, to celebrate Winston's 3rd Birthday, Yeah! As you can see William is frozen solid. We were having the kids try on hats and mitten at home to make sure they fit, and Will would constantly be pulling his hat off. Let me just say that when we got there he was more than happy to keep it on. He is thrilled the be at the fair, obviously, lol.
So we have a tradition of buying kettle corn when we go to the fair.
1- It is a huge bag that can be shared with the whole family.
2- The cost is fairly reasonable for Fair food.
3- It is super yummy, especially the pieces that have a lot of the sugar on them.Here is Shaelyn showing off how big the bag is. I think William wants some. Another tradition we have added to the Schenck Fair Event is the pony rides! The kids absolutely love the ponies and it is so much cooler than the carousel. Shaelyn rode the largest pony and his name is Ike.

Here is Winston riding his pony, Mickey. His pony kind of went a little crazy and Winston Loved it! Here are my little pumpkins sitting in front of the State Fair winning pumpkin. It was over 600 pounds! Wow! You can also see the straw that Shaelyn is holding, these are called honey sticks. 5 for a $1. The kids loved them too. Surprise surprise! Give them sugar and they are happy. So is mommy :)
We also hung out by a music group, that has some noise toys for the kids to play with, while Walter went and got a deep fried milky way, Yumm! I was good and only took one bite, yeah for me. Anyway, the kids and I rocked out! Enjoy!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I love the picture of William in the beginning, and the one of Shaelyn and Winston in front of the pumpkins...SO cute! It looks like yall had a great time! We've never tried the kettle corn...maybe next year!

The Hockmans said...

I can't belive that you are freezing there. I am almost jelous. We hit 93 degrees last week, I guess its what they call an indian summer, where the summer lasts longer than normal. Sure do miss you and getting to know your family, can't wait til you can make it back out to California! Hope all is going well, you guys look great!