Friday, July 24, 2009
Maui Sunrise and Bike Ride
While on Maui we signed up to do a Sunrise Bike ride down a mountain. I was a lot of fun. We woke up at 2 AM in the morning to get to the meeting place and our guide took us up to the top of the mountain and we watched the sunrise together. It was Really cold but Really cool!
Here is a picture of us Freezing and waiting, and waiting and waiting for the sun to come up. I think being cold made the wait seem a little longer than usual.
This looks our over a crater. What is so cool about this crater is that you can hike down in it and camp and lots of other fun stuff. We didn't do that this time around because we had other things we had planned, maybe next time.
So happy to be up early in the morning. I am totally a morning person, and Walter is not.
We were so excited to see the sun come up because it meant we could get back in the bus. It was a beautiful view. I will bring more clothing next time.
This is us in all our gear for the bike ride down the mountain just waiting to get our bikes. It was a lot of fun to ride down the mountain. I like that we were the first ride of the day because the traffic on the road wasn't bad. Anyway, the whole way down, our group was going for speed, it was SO Fun! I think we were the first ones down the mountain!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
wow 2am thats commitment! that looks like so much fun! i wish i was there!! im still jealous but i love looking at all of your fun pictures!! keep up the awesome updates!! love you!
Sounds fun! I like how we went the same places but it's a totally different vacation because we each did different things.
That sounds like SO much fun!!! I recently read a book by Steve Doocy from Foxnews, and he and his son did that and I thought that sounded like fun when I read it!! Yall are so cute in your helmets haha!
OK 2 am CRAZY! But the bike ride down sounds awesome! Especially since you didn't have to ride up!
So fun! You guys are so cute and I love your pictures. Makes me want to go again.
You guys look like you are having so much fun! What a dream vacation w/out the kids. I must say, you look amazing Shawntel!
THis is awesome. It totally trips me out that you guys have three kids.
Post a Comment