Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Hawaii Day 2 on Oahu

While we were on Oahu one of the must do activities was to go to the Polynesian Culture Center. I had been many years before, but I didn't get to experience all the villages. So we bought ticks as soon as we had gotten our tickets to Hawaii. So we got them really early. So anyway, here are a few photos from our day spent there. I have about 30 more, I just picked out a few of my favorites. This picture is from the Samoa village, he is showing us the different ways they use the coconut.




There is also a guy who climes the palm tree. Sorry the picture isn't the greatest. Anyway, he was posing for all the cameras. This is a picture of a little boy who is learning how to clime the tree.



This is from the Rainbows of Paradise. They kind of do a parade of all the islands all on boats.


Our group we were with took a boat ride down the river that runs through the PCC. I kind of look pregnant in this picture, ha ha. I think it is just the way my shirt is sitting.


So this picture is just to show you how awesome our seats were at the Horizon Show. We were smack dab in the middle and we were in the second row. How cool is that!


This is the Tahitian dancer from the Horizon's Show.



These guys had fire, so cool! We both really enjoyed the day at the PCC, the dinner was really good. Walter was so excited that he could eat as much Sashimi (Raw Fish) as he wanted. I think he at least had 3 helpings. And the Show just topped it all off! Enjoy some of the videos taken throughout the day.
This is just a quick sample of the drumming at one of the villages.
So we were in the village Tahiti and they had all the men do a Tahitian dance. So I had to capture Walter dancing on video. Sorry that the video is sideways, it was the only way I could get the best picture.
So Walter had to get me back and get some video of me doing some Tahitian dancing. You all have my permission to laugh.

5 comments:

Lovely Lisa said...

LOL! The Tahitian dancing was so awkward (especially for me!), but you and Walter look like pros. We loved the PCC, too. I think my three favorite villages were Tonga, Hawaii, and Samoa in that order. Bradley got to go up and perform with the Tongan drummer. The video is on our blog (all our Hawaii posts were in June).

Brock Cardon said...

o my that looks like so much fun, i am still so jealous! well just wondering if that picture that makes you look preggers is a way of telling us all? well you look great and it looks like you had a great time! only a few more days!! Love ya!

Megan and Keli'i said...

Shawntel! I am so glad that you guys had so much fun! I am glad you were able to stay here and thank you so much for the card and funds. You guys are the best. Please, please come back again! We're building a guest room as we speak! Glad you had such a great time!

Jeff VanD. said...

Wow... you rock.. Walker... ummm... yeah... you look like I would look. Looks like you guys had a fantastic time! :)

Tracy said...

Oh I LOVE the PCC!! I'm so glad you went! Its the best. And you look so adorable in the pictures!