Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Little Family Competition

So I think our family is pretty competitive and just yesterday, my brother Aaron and sister Ashley talked me into joining a biggest loser competition, Family style. I am really excited because there is something about sibling rivalry that just gets you pumped. It is also good to know that there are others checking up on you. We are doing a percentage weight loss and the winner gets $20 from each of the losers. I think the prize is at about $80. So the official rules are copied from my sisters blog. They are:
How to win- The person with the highest percentage of weight loss.
How long- We are all going to the family ski trip in august so we decided we have till August 3rd.
The prize: all the losers will give the winner 20$. (so now its at 80$)
Rule #1- take a picture of scale and send it to all the players.... so we don't cheat (I think posting my weight for all to see counts)
Rule #2- be healthy about it! don't be stupid!!

So I am going to try and update regularly. I want to loose the weight by June when I go to Hawaii!

Anyway, I think I keep stalling but I am posting a current picture of my weight, this is probably one of the most embarrassing things I could possibly think of. I do think it is a good incentive to loose weight though and I also promised Ashley that I would. With out further ado: Scary I know, I tried to make the picture as small as possible, this is the smallest that blogger allows. As you can see I need all the help I can get. All support is welcome :) To distract you from the scary number above I have added some videos of Shaelyn playing the piano one with her alone, and then the other with her piano teacher, Debbi (she is so awesome)!
Shaelyn loves her teacher and loves playing the piano. She has been taking lessons for about a month now.

I hope you enjoy

5 comments:

Brock Cardon said...

thats right i will check up on you guys... this will be good for all of us! and thats so fun about shaelyns piano lessons.... she is so cute!

Tracy said...

That is such a good idea. I should do the same with my family. I need to lose weight by August if you know what I mean.

Cheryl said...

Shawntell, I just wanted to say Good Luck. Hawaii will be a lot of fun, so work that little butt off!

Blooming Mommy said...

U are going down. i only ate 112 calories yesterday....just kidding. Good luck. love you guys

Sarah said...

YOu can do it Shawntel!! You inspired me with your running yesterday, that I almost went today! Almost! Maybe tomorrow. = )