Friday, November 06, 2009

Pumpkin Seed Recipe

I was searching around for a good pumpkin seed recipe and kind of came up with my own. The kids LOVE them! I kind of think they are pretty tasty myself. I wouldn't be posting the recipe if I thought it was bad. Toasted Pumpkin Seeds
2 C Pumpkin Seeds
1 1/2 T Olive Oil
1/4 tsp Salt
1/8 tsp Granulated Garlic (powder, or minced if you want to go fresh just add a bit more)
1/2 T Worcestershire Sauce

Remove seeds from pumpkin and wash (some recipes say not to wash, I have found that it doesn't make much of a difference except that it is a quicker way to get them clean). Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Spread a thin layer over a baking pan. Bake at 250 deg for about 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours. Stirring about every 15 minutes till you get to your desired crunchiness. Let cool and Enjoy!

The following pictures are ones that were taken at dinner. Everyone was in a silly mood. I didn't catch the picture I wanted of William, he was sticking his 4 bottom teeth out a lot further, it was pretty funny.
Winston was doing a silly happy face.


And I don't know what is up with Shaelyn's hair but I think she took a nap before this photo.


2 comments:

Lovely Lisa said...

Those sound yummy! I wanted to make pumpkin seeds this year, but never got around to it. Plus Bradley doesn't really like them and he said I'd be on my own. It would take a looooong time for me to eat a whole pumpkin worth. :)

Tracy said...

cute pictures. I have never loved pumpkin seeds... but maybe I have just not had the right recipe? I will have to try this one.... next year when I get pumpkins again.